The journey
Grateful

20 July marks the end of my 2 months internship at Mezmedia and it ended on a good note. I'm grateful for what the Lord has blessed me with.

Though there were times that I complained that i had no motivation to go to work. But over the week I found out that it was because I didn't have things to do and I must say, pretending to be busy is really one tough task! However, overall, I did enjoy what I was doing.

As the saying goes "everything happen for a reason". In my situation i find that this quote seems to be so applicable. Initially, i rejected a high paying job and chose to seek internship at design firm. Gave up on the money factor and look at the experience factor instead.

But just before I accept the internship, I just decided to push my luck a little. I remember vividly negoiating with my boss about an intern pay of $600. But back then, he told me the maximum amount he could offer is only $500. Since I'm seeking to gain experiences, so i decided that I shall be contented with what I'm given.

Then on friday, which was my last day of work. I'm suppose to receive my pay, so my boss ask me to sign the record book. Initially i thought my eyes were playing tricks on me because the amount stated was not the usual $500! I even signed on the wrong column...so i told myself, yes it must be my eyes or a written error. But my boss came over and said to me, "There's an increment because you've done a good job at the video shooting." That moment I was overwhelmed by what he has said! I was actually given what i had asked for! I almost broke into tears because of grattitude!

I'm really glad to be accepted as an intern and also grateful to have such a pleasant working environment with approachable boss and collegues who have taught me alot. My learning experience there has been a fruitful one!

My day ended with a sumptuous dinner treat by my boss at bar and billard at Raffles Hotel. Oh man! it's probably the best meal i've ever eaten! Tender juicy tenderloin beef, juicy lobster, rich and chocolatey chocolate mousse, sticky chewy and crunchy apple crumble with unique lychee sorbet...etc. It's a buffet! We ate till our hearts content!

Thank you Lord for this blessing!